Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Rich and Creamy Tomato Basil Soup

This has been my FAVORITE recipe to make this fall. I honestly could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It is super easy to make and so yummy! Try it out and let me know what you think.

1 14oz. can whole tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 cans water
14 basil leaves, chopped (1Tbs)
3/4 cup half and half
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4-1/2 tsp. chipotle Tabasco sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Place tomatoes, sauce, water basil, garlic, and Tabasco sauce in a blender and puree. Pour into crock pot, over medium heat, and stir in half and half and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Heat, stirring until butter is melted. Do not boil.

*When I made this last night I added more half and half and less water. I can't wait to go have some more for lunch!!*

2 comments:

damama said...

Hmmmmmm....I will stop by your house for dinner tonight. I have bread sticks!!!!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a yummy soup ~ I don't think I could get my kids to eat it though...